Moving can be a stressful time for everyone involved, especially children. Even if you enlist the help of movers, it will still be an adjustment for your children. Here are some tips to help kids transition through the moving process:
- Talk to them as far in advance as possible.
- Understand that your kids will grieve and let them
- Let them be as involved in moving and making choices as they can be.
- Help your kids get acquainted with their new home, school, and community ahead of time.
- Let them journal about the moving experience.
- Plan moving day and have a moving countdown.
- Try to keep the experience positive.
This may not make your move completely stress-free, but it should help. Contact the professionals at Five Star Moving & Storage in Colorado Springs to help you with your move today!