Did you finally take the big step and purchase your dream home? Congratulations, now it’s time for your big move! Of course, if the idea of moving stresses you out, 5 Star Moving & Storage is here to help.
We’ll get you packed, moved and even provide storage if needed. Our team of friendly professionals will provide an estimate based on your exact needs and show up promptly on moving day.
Let’s start taking stress out of the equation with these 8 tips for an easy residential move.
- If at all possible, try not to move during the summer which is the busy season. It may be tough to accommodate your desired moving day. If it has to be summer, just be sure to schedule your movers as far in advance as possible.
- The best day for an easy residential move? Believe it or not, Sunday. Friday and Saturday are typically big moving days since they give people a chance to unpack and get settled a bit before heading back to work on a Monday.
- When packing your household goods, especially liquids, secure them with cling wrap to avoid horrible and destroying spills. You can also put your jewelry in a wrap to avoid them being tangled and damaged, making life simpler when you unpack.
- Labeling neatly and clearly can save you a ton of time in the long run. Start with items that are less frequently used and pack by room. Mark boxes with black markers and large writing.
- Use what you have in the home for protecting your items such as linen, clothing, pillows, etc., saving you money on bubble wrap and keeping your items safe. Wrap your breakables in these items, use your large garbage cans as boxes, use garbage bags for blankets and more.
- Create an efficient area for your movers to park their truck and operate. It’s best if they do not have to walk too far with your items. Check with your moving company on their policies to avoid extra unforeseen charges that can easily be avoided with a little planning prior to moving day.
- For an easy residential move, wrangle pets and kids. This is a big stress if everyone is tripping over each other, and it wastes time. Hire a sitter for your children and see if there’s a friend or doggy daycare available for a pet. It may be an added cost, but the day will go smoother.
- Don’t forget your change of address and forwarding mail to the new place. Get your utilities canceled at the old place and scope out options for the new place. Then inform your bank, insurance, realtors of any changes. These are little things that will set your mind at ease.
So there you have a few great ideas for an easy residential move. Now, it’s time to give 5 Star Moving & Storage a call to get started on your journey. Over the years, we’ve moved thousands of people and specialize in reducing stress. Give us a call for a quote!