Residential, commercial, local and long distance moves
Professional packing services, storage facility available
Military-approved, DoD packing & shipping company
Serving our Colorado Springs community since 2007
Looking for the Best Movers in Colorado Springs?
5 Star Moving and Storage, Colorado Springs Colorado
Welcome to 5 Star Moving & Storage in Colorado Springs where we treat customers like family. Whether you’re moving down the street, across the country, or need military relocation assistance, you and all of your possessions will be treated with the greatest care and respect. Talk to our moving experts today for a customized plan that meets your unique specifications and works with your moving timeline. We offer:
- Residential moves, apartment moving, business relocations
- Regional and long distance moves to anywhere in the country
- Military-approved, DoD relocations and long-term storage
- Professional packing services to ensure everything arrives safely
- Crating and safe storage rentals for both short and long-term
- Licensed, insured with a stellar BBB A+ rating
Experience our commitment to making customers happy. Contact us today for a free quote!
5 Star Moving and Storage, Inc is proud to be an Interstate Agent for Wheaton World Wide Moving. Click to learn more.
Thank you Colorado Springs for your Vote for 5 Star Moving and Storage, Voted Colorado Springs Best Moving Company and Best Storage Company for 2023
About 5 Star Moving & Storage
Located right here in Colorado Springs, 5 Star Moving & Storage offers outstanding service, whether you need help with a small apartment move or require full pack and move services for a 4,000 square foot home. Locally owned and operated, we serve all of Colorado and facilitate moves across the country.
As one of just three movers in Colorado Springs that’s a military-approved, DoD shipper and packer, 5 Star is trained in performing moves under strict guidelines. For civilian moves, this typically translates to a lower bottom line cost for you by having an efficient and coordinated plan of action for moving day.
5 Star Moving & Storage Services
Let’s meet the Founder and CEO of 5 Star Moving & Storage
Melysa Benedict was nineteen years old when she walked into the storefront that would change her life. Selling glass-framed motivational posters business to business, she found herself in front of a sales manager for a moving company. The sales manager was so impressed with the pitch that she offered Melysa a job. “I went from making cash under the table to a “real job” making $500/week,” Melysa says. “It was like winning the lottery!” And so, Melysa got her start in the moving industry.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are three levels of protection available:
Limited Liability is free and required by federal law. This basic coverage makes the mover responsible for up to 60 cents per pound and per item for an interstate move (out of Colorado or country).
Added Valuation must be purchased based on how much your possessions are worth. This coverage pays for the repair or replacement of an item according to its current value, minus depreciation.
Full Value offers the most protection for your money, covering the actual cost of repair or replacement without depreciation loss. If your homeowner’s insurance covers moves, it may not be needed.
We get this question a lot and understand that you just want to move as quickly and inexpensively as possible. Unfortunately, there’s no clear answer. Here are a few factors involved:
- All packing is completed prior to our arrival
- Number of boxes and amount of furniture
- How many odds and ends (unpacked items)
- Disassembly, padding & reassembly of items
- Long hallways, driveways, distances to truck
- Stairs required, elevator size and availability
- Plus: weather, boxes/items spread out, etc.
The above factors aside, here are very general ballpark times for moving.
- Studio/1 Bedroom (600 sq ft) – For 2-3 movers, 2-3 hours
- 2 Bedrooms (800 sq ft) – For 2-3 movers, 3-5 hours
- 3 Bedrooms (1300 sq ft) – For 2-3 movers, 4-6 hours
- 4 Bedrooms (1800 sq ft) – For 3-4 movers, 6-8 hours
- 5 Bedrooms (2000 sq ft) – For 4-5 movers, 8-10 hours