Start your moving plans right with an organized binder of lists!
How many lists? Well, that depends on the complexity of your move. You may need more lists if it is a cross-country move versus a cross-town move. More lists are involved, too, if you have many family members and if your home is large with multiple rooms, vehicles, and item collections.
Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Donation List: Go through each room/garage/storage, pack up, drop off or arrange pickup
- Items for Permanent Storage: Set aside a dedicated area, pack properly/label, arrange new facility rental
- Photograph Items/Rooms: Snapshots of belongings for inventory, photograph properties (old & new)
- Change-of-Address: Complete Post Office form, contact insurance companies, call credit card, email friends/family
- Timeline: List goals as a countdown for the weeks before the move, and what to accomplish
These are some basic guidelines for moving lists, and they get more specific with your personal details and needs. Keep your list collection handy and add or remove as you decide what works best for you and your family.
Contact your favorite Colorado Springs Mover — 5 Star Moving & Storage — for more move suggestions any time!