You’ve scheduled with your Colorado Springs movers and taped up most of your boxes. The post office and others know your new address, and the utility companies have been called. You’re feeling secure in getting those “big picture” items done before your move. Here are five more final-hour to-do items to keep in mind:
- Cover your windows in your new home. Haven’t put up curtains or blinds yet? Get some temporary paper blinds or fabric to pin up.
- Use self-stick plastic floor protection for high-traffic areas in both residences for the day of the move. Get it ready the night before.
- Set aside a bag with toiletries, snacks, and a change of clothes for all residents to have handy the day of the move.
- Grocery shop for the new place the day before the move. You don’t have to make a huge food run, but some salad kits and sandwich fixings come in handy when you’re tired of take-out and not quite ready for big meal preparations.
- Introduce yourself to the neighbors. Every new home feels better when you’ve had a few friendly words with those who live nearby. Take the first step and stop by with a smile and a handshake.
Let our professional movers at Five Star Moving & Storage get your possessions safely delivered, and you can take care of the other unique “to-do” items and enjoy your new surroundings.