At 5 Star Moving & Storage, we know what an exciting time it can be when moving into your first home, especially if you just tied the knot. To ensure a stress-free and enjoyable experience, we’d like to pass along our quick and easy guide, 10 Great Moving Tips for Newlyweds! Take a look:
- Try to purge any unwanted items by having a garage sale, selling items online, or donating to charity. As you enter this new chapter in your lives together, you both deserve a fresh start with minimal clutter. Just think of the extra cash you’ll potentially earn by selling your unwanted items. Plus, it’s a great feeling to de-clutter!
- At your wedding, you were likely bestowed with money and gift cards from friends and family to purchase new items for your home together, or perhaps you received gifts from your registry.
Word to the wise, keep fragile gifts in their original boxes until you arrive at your new home to prevent breakage. As for the gift cards and cash, give yourselves the time to settle in and see what you may need to finish the fine details. Giving your home that personal touch it needs with a decorating spree is a lot more fun when you don’t have moving worries on your mind.
- Next, it’s time to think of the size of truck you will need to fit all your items. More than likely, you will both be moving into a somewhat larger home from a condo, apartment, or smaller home, so a 12-16-foot truck would probably be adequate.
At 5 Star Moving & Storage, we have a variety of vehicle sizes for every move, and they are all equipped with air ride comfort to ensure your items will safely reach their destination, whether just down the block or clear across the country. We are members of Arpin Van Lines which is a certified ProMover and recognized by the American Moving and Storage Association.
- Packing is critical. To ensure you have an organized move, pack early and pack smart. Use your clothes and towels as protection for breakables and try not to pack the boxes too heavy. Be sure to fill boxes with similar items or at least pack them by room, labeling them with the contents and room name. Lastly, tape boxes securely before stacking them in the truck.
If you need a hand, 5 Star Moving & Storage can help you from start to finish, whether you’re short on time or just need moving materials to get you started. We specialize in packing, using proven methods and materials to make sure your finest dinnerware, art, furniture, electronics, and delicate items will arrive at their new home in the same condition they left.
- Once items are boxed up and labeled, it’s time to organize them in the truck. Usually, the best way to accomplish this is to put the larger items such as beds, appliances, and heavy items in first to secure the load and distribute the weight balance, followed by heavy boxes on the bottom and the lighter ones on top. Don’t forget that you will need to access your toiletries and a change of clothes after a long day of moving, so don’t pack those by accident! In fact, pack a small suitcase first before anything else.
- If you have small children it’s always a good idea to arrange a sitter for moving day. It will ensure their safety and make things a lot less stressful for everyone involved. The same goes for pets. If you can’t find a pet sitter, consider boarding them for the day.
- If you have items that your new home just can’t accommodate at the moment, make sure you set up storage before you find yourself with a garage stuffed with overflow items and nowhere to park your cars. Of course, 5 Star Moving & Storage has you covered in this area. We have a 10,000-square foot warehouse and offer units in a variety of sizes and rates. They’re heated in the winter and cooled in the summer to keep your items from being damaged by the elements.
- Do your research when choosing a moving company. Whether you go with us or another outfit, check reviews, get referrals, make sure they’re licensed, bonded and insured. Don’t just take their word for it either. Ask for paperwork.
Without a doubt, our moving company will pass with flying colors on every aspect of your move. Don’t take our word for it alone; ask around and get referrals. We are confident you will see that there is no better choice than 5 Star Moving & Storage. Check out our clients’ experiences. Read their testimonials on our web page. And see if you can stump our experts when you talk with us about your move – bet you can’t!
- Don’t get stranded without help on moving day. While it’s always great to have our friends and family lend a hand, life sometimes gets in the way. Instead of worrying about no-shows, trust 5 Star Moving & Storage for whatever move you are up against, near or far. Leave the details to a trusted, bonded and insured company that has your best interests in mind.
- The most important moving tips for newlyweds are to have a good time and realize that all the effort will be worth it once you’re settled in your new home together! If you just got married, you’re probably having a great time as it is, and your moving experience will bring some great memories to mind years in the future. A positive attitude will make the day go faster, smoother and be less stressful for the entire family.
Whether you’re moving for college, work, business, or just need moving tips for newlyweds, it doesn’t get any more professional than 5 Star Moving & Storage. We’ve been experts in the moving industry for many years. Our company practices are tightly managed and our trained crew performs all moves under strict guidelines. Our goal is to make you a customer for life, so let us help you start married life with a fun, stress-free move. Call or contact us today to request a customized quote.